Header Ads Widget

Advertise with us

Highlights

10/recent/ticker-posts

What Easter Taught Me

Egg tied as a gift


 "You're not yet dead to the flesh"

In my mind, I was like "me? not dead to the flesh? What do you mean?"

Outwardly, I tried to defend my position, but then before I spoke five words, I already understood what was going on.

"If you're dead to the flesh, you won't talk like this"

.

.

.

My confessions said otherwise. I spoke like a man of carnal wisdom. I spoke like a man of no understanding of the word. I spoke like a man who has not been with God. But Why did I do that?


WHY, GLORY? WHY?

I must say, I was terrified. With my exams fast approaching, I lost my disposition, and began to feel wrong. The pressure felt so real, strong, and suffocating.

I sat for hours, just thinking. I did nothing than to worry. At the end of my hours of trips and tours, I finally touched down, and concluded that I WAS AFRAID.

My next step was to confess this feeling. (I think I've been trying to be more open about myself, and problems I might be facing, because it's not always right to bottle up all my challenges - Talk to someone).

Yes, I said it - I was Scared. I wrote it on my status, and somehow gave a hint that it was about my upcoming exams, so that people reading would not think in another direction.

Yeah, friends and other concerned persons consoled me, wished me the best, tried to encourage me, laughed about it and all. It helped in a way. I felt better. But...

.

.

.

BUT WHAT, GLORY? 


When I initially felt that way, I prayed about it. I felt better, and I was led to do some things that dissolved the fear that rang in me.

But I still messed up! I did not trust God's word enough, and I found it hard to let go of the fear that struck me hours before then. 

I went ahead, took my fingers, pressed WhatsApp, clicked on the status pen, wrote about it, and then posted it!

What nonsense!

.

.

.

Fear must have gripped me so firmly, that it gave me PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I was still under it's control. I had heard, I had acted upon what I heard, but It did not ring in my consciousness.



"If you can only align, all these things will not bother you. Some things are just God's way of aligning you."

 


GLORY, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE

Hmmm, what can I say?

Well, read about my experience with OAU and admission. God had His way of aligning me to His will.

God was working, and I was destroying His work. The night that I confessed this fear on my status, I read with an undeniable direction that gave me confidence, and set me on a stronger foundation. I was no more scared, I was no longer afraid, but... I kept confessing it.

I confessed it before, and I like I said fear (kind of) had given me some PTSD that even after recovering from it, I still confessed it.

"How is preparation for your exam going?"

"It's going fine, but I'm... Scared"

Scared? Oh no, tell me you're joking!

.

.

.

After having a conversation on fear, alignment, God's perspective, and other things that should be default of a MAN IN CHRIST with Oga, I finally came to understand, and my eyes were open.

.

.

.

I'M NO LONGER A SLAVE TO FEAR; I AM A CHILD OF GOD

Even with my stand in Christ, I still subjected myself to the captivity of fear. I must have messed up big time.

As Christians, it is possible to be born again, it's possible to be a preacher, it's possible to heal the sick, perform creative miracles, yet live like a carnal man. 

One thing I have come to learn is that your identity in Christ matters a lot, but what matters more is when you act and walk in that consciousness.

Not just saying it, but the way your brain, you mind, your heart processes it, it is your life displaying to the world - A man in Christ, The light of the world.

.

.

.

Matthew 5:14 says: You are the light of the world, a city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

I have walked in this consciousness for a long time. I have never really been afraid of any exam. Anxiety may set in, but It never took the best of me, worst of all - Confessing it!

.

.

.

GLORY, BE CAREFUL OF NEGATIVE CONFESSIONS

About 2 years ago, I wrote an article, or maybe started an article on "Confessions". The content of this write-up was generally the clamour for positive confessions instead of negative ones.

We should learn to confess our strengths, talk about them, but never confess our fears, else, they grip us and take us captive.

My negative confession took hold of me, and I didn't like the result. Nonetheless, my eyes are now open, and I have learnt from Easter.

Maybe I will hasten up on the write-up, and explain to you better on how your confessions affect your life. (And it's not because there's an angel that will say amen to your confessions).

.

.

.

GLORY, SHED MORE LIGHT ON WHAT EASTER TAUGHT YOU


On Friday, good friday, I was afraid, scared to my feet for a future that I was not sure of. I confessed my fears, and made myself vulnerable. I became a slave to fear.

God, of course hasn't given us the spirit of fear, why should we walk that way?

Maybe I just had the same feeling that questioned: "Will Jesus rise from the dead?"

Well, Jesus is risen - Hallelujah!

.

.

.

I am a child of God. I am to walk like a child of light. In Matthew 5:14-16, Jesus addresses me as light. I am not supposed to confess what's not my inheritance In Christ Jesus. Fear is not in Christ, why should fear be in me? 

Ephesians 5:8-14, Apostle Paul also spoke about walking in light as children of God. You may interprete it as staying away from sin, but there's more. Let's walk in the consciousness of righteousness, in the Christ minded mindset. 

If we walk like men who are not saved, how are we different from them? Has God really found a home in our heart?

.

.

.

So here's more

What really separates some Christians from others is our consciousness and focus. What are our hearts set on? Do we really really believe that Jesus died for our sins, and rose on the third day?

I am about to conclude, but before then, let me tell you a story.

.

.

.

STORY, STORY - STORY 


In John 3:1-16 - At night - Two men - Jesus and Nicodemus

Nicodemus was a pharisee. He was a teacher in Jerusalem, but he needed answers to questions. He probably did not want to attract any attention, that's why he went to Jesus at night.

Nicodemus asked Jesus: "What does it mean to be saved?"

"For any man to be saved, he must be born again," Jesus said.

"What do we it mean to be born again? I mean, should I enter into my mother's womb again to be born again? I don't understand, Teacher."

"For you to be born again, you need to be born of the spirit. Only then can you enjoy eternal life."

After much questions from Nicodemus to Jesus, Jesus concluded by saying that the only way to be born again is to BELIEVE.

John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The way to be born again, to enjoy eternal life is to BELIEVE IN JESUS.

Matthew 11:28 says: "Come into me o ye that labour, and I will give you rest."

God calls on us, and wants us to be with Him.

We can rest, enjoy eternal life, be aligned, when we Believe.

.

.

.

WHERE AM I GOING WITH THIS?

You must understand that you cannot enjoy the benefits of being born again without believing in the power of Jesus' death and resurrection.

It's not okay to believe the story. You also need to believe the power behind it, reset you consciousness, renew your mind, and walk with that mindset that you're a man in Christ.

Accept Jesus today. Surrender to Him. And begin to walk after Him.

.

.

.

I almost missed it. Thank God for godly relationships and conversations.

I learnt many other things too. Especially on Easter Sunday. But let's just limit it to Good friday and Saturday night.

Happy Easter!



Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Great work here. Weldone sir!

    Your vulnerability is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! 😇