Header Ads Widget

Advertise with us

Highlights

10/recent/ticker-posts

I'm gonna shine!

 

At the beginning of 2023, I remember telling my friend: “I’m done surpressing my intellect in the name of making people look stupid... if they feel stupid because of the way I express my thoughts and ideas, then it’s probably their fault. I will express my thoughts, ideas and opinions as I deem fit, on my own terms...”

We both agreed, and decided to take considerable efforts to learn and grow, and we will be a true reflection of the efforts we put in. We’ll share our thoughts, ideas and opinions, ask questions, and just shine. And I must say, at least for starts, we’ve been doing a good job.

But right now, in this moment, I noticed a pattern in the things I say and the way I say them. And it’s been a result of my thoughts, my meditations, my worries, my intentions...and it feels like I’m beginning to reel back into my words.

In a bid to be more ‘sincere’ and ‘authentic’, I might have started to sound like everybody and anybody. I might have started to think ordinary. I might have started look at myself as ordinary.

True, I’ve blown my trumpet, expressed my thoughts in the grandest ways that I can, carried myself like a champion, and ultimately set myself up. Now, people have high expectations, high demands, and they are according me the highest respect. It feels like if I make any misstep, I’ll be cooked, mocked and I’ll lose my status.

Let me confess. 

I’ve been feeling pressured lately. I’ve been going through some challenges that have almost made it impossible to achieve my goals. It’s been overwhelming I can’t lie. But this feeling was the beginning of what started to shape an ordinary mindset. Amidst all the pressure, I just wanted to be treated like everyone else. I just wanted to feel like the ordinary boy. I just wanted to fit in.

But here’s what I’ve discovered.

I wasn’t meant to fit in. I’m not supposed to feel ordinary. I’m supposed to stand out, shine, to be who I am, from wherever I am.

Matthew 5:14-16

“You are the LIGHT OF THE WORLD, a city set on a hill cannot be hidden, nor do men hide a Lamp under a bushel.

Let YOUR LIGHT so SHINE before men that they may SEE your GOOD WORKS, and glorify your Father, who is in Heaven.”

I am LIGHT, so I give guidance and direction, and lead people to the right place.

So here’s me re-affirming my commitment to stand out, to shine, to be true to myself, to never settle for less.

I am a champion. I’ve raised the bar. I have set high expectations, and I shouldn’t perform less...

To shining my light,

Gee.

Post a Comment

0 Comments